Oct 28, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks goalieScott Darling
(33) makes a save during the first period against the Anaheim Ducks at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
Late Saturday night, the Blackhawks made the call and decided to send Antti Raanta to Rockford and recall Scott Darling. Darling became a fan favorite going 2-1 while in the lineup during Corey Crawford‘s injury absence.
The move makes total sense for Raanta just so he can get some playing time. Raanta has not seen any game action since October and looked to only get maybe one game in during the upcoming 6 game circus road trip.
The IceHogs are in the middle of 3 games in 3 nights so Raanta will get a start as soon as possible for coach Ted Dent and the Ice Hogs.
Darling while in Rockford has a 5-2 record with 1.83 goals against average and a .935 save percentage.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The move though a down grade in leagues is good for Raanta, what do you think of the Blackhawks switching back up goalies?
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup