Oct 3, 2014; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers right wingJesper Fast
(91) checks Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Klas Dahlbeck (44) during the first period at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports
It’s a real shame that Trevor van Riemsdyk got injured last night he was having a very solid rookie campaign and hearing the words will be out for a while with a leg injury is hard to hear, but this is pro sports and the show must go on.
The question with the Hawks about to go on the road for 6 straight games on their annual circus trip is which Rockford IceHog will be called up for the road trip? The Blackhawks do have the luxury of having a lot of talent at the defenseman position in Rockford so who will it be?
Kyle Cumiskey has the most NHL experience and played for Joel Quenneville, but you would have thought that he would have be in Chicago instead of TVR if Quenneville really wanted him to be with the Blackhawks this season.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The homegrown Blackhawks youth at Rockford are Klas Dahlbeck, Adam Clendening, and Stephen Johns each player has his strengths and weaknesses so it will be interesting to see which one if any gets the call up. Here are their stats so far this year in Rockford.
Dahlbeck has 2 goals 3 assists and a +4 rating
Clendening has 1 goal 3 assists and a -2 rating
Johns has 0 goals 5 assists and a +5 rating
So who do you think heads to Calgary for Thursday nights opening game of the road trip?
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.