Nov 20, 2014; San Jose, CA, USA; Florida Panthers goalieRoberto Luongo
(1) defends against the San Jose Sharks during the second period at SAP Center at San Jose. Mandatory Credit: Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports
25. Florida Panthers 7-5-6: Despite the Panthers poor record, Roberto Luongo has been pretty good for the Panthers. He is 6-4-5 with a .926 save percentage and a 2.36 goals against average. On Saturday he made 48 of 50 saves but could not will the Panthers to a win.
24. Colorado Avalanche 7-9-5: The Avalanche has been decimated by the injuries. The Avs had to recall an entire line for their AHL affiliate. They recalled Tomas Vincour, Andrew Agozzino, and Ben Street for their game on Saturday. They are currently last in the central division.
23. Dallas Stars 8-9-4: The Dallas Stars have won two in a row and celebrated by signing Jason Spezza to a four year deal. The deal is worth 30 million and has a full no trade clause in it. Despite their offensive fire power, the Stars are struggling this season. CBS Hockey thinks it is because of their lack of an elite defenseman. They do not have a Duncan Keith, Drew Doughty, or Ryan Suter type player on their roster.
22. Philadelphia Flyers 8-9-2: The Flyers were playing so bad in the eyes of their General Manager, that he RIPPED them after a game this week. Ron Hextall teed off on the Flyers with a profanity laced tirade earlier this past week. Wayne Simmonds acknowledged that were reamed and that they are not playing well.
21. New York Rangers 8-7-4: Dan Boyle has been struggled since returning from injury. Some people speculate that the hand is not fully healed. Boyle himself says that the hand is not where he wants it to be. The Rangers did get some good news Lee Stempniak came back from a stiff lower back this week.