15. Winnipeg Jets 10-8-3: The Jets are a huge surprise this season. They are getting by with a great goal against average. They are ranked 6th according to hockey reference. The duo of Ondrej Pavelec
Nov 20, 2014; Winnipeg, Manitoba, CAN; Winnipeg Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec (31) makes a save during the first period against the Detroit Red Wings at MTS Centre. Mandatory Credit: Bruce Fedyck-USA TODAY Sports
and Michael Hutchinson is playing extremely well. Pavelec is 7-7-2 with a 2.25 goals against average and Hutchinson is 3-1-1 with a 1.38 goals against average.
14. San Jose Sharks 10-9-4: The Sharks have made some roster moves this week. The Sharks traded Jason Demers and a future draft pick to the Stars for Brenden Dillon. The Sharks also placed veteran forward Adam Burish on waivers this week. The Sharks are trying to get younger according to coach Todd McLellan.
13. Chicago Blackhawks 10-8-3: Remember when the Blackhawks couldn’t score?? The Blackhawks have been unleashing the fury recently. They have won three in a row and been scoring in bunches. Last Sunday they defeated Dallas 6-2, next they beat Calgary 4-3, and last night the Blackhawks defeated Edmonton 7-1. Patrick Kane has four goals in his last four games and Kris Versteeg might finally be back.
12. The Detroit Red Wings 10-5-5: The Wings had their two game winning streak snapped by the Leafs. Tomas Tatar was told by his coach and by Pavel Datsyuk to shoot more. Tatar has been listening and the results are a scoring binge. In the Wings last four games, Tatar has 5 goals and 2 assists.
11. Boston Bruins 13-9-0: The Bruins added another player to their injury report. Brad Marchand is the latest Bruin to be injured. Marchand injury is undisclosed. On a positive note Claude Julien eclipsed 800 games behind the bench. Julien has spent eight seasons with the Boston Bruins. He also coached the Montreal Canadiens for three years and the Devils for one season.