This week in the NHL: we saw Martin Brodeur skates with the Blues, The Islanders continue to dominate, Brendan Gallagher signed a 6 year extension with the Habs, The Wild signed Marco Scandella to 5 year extension, and Martin St. Louis reached a milestone.
Onto the rankings:
30. Columbus Blue Jackets 6-15-2: The Blue Jackets have lost four in a row and have the lowest point total in the NHL. To make matters worse, Sergei Bobrovsky is making comments on the how the NHL should free his players to play in the Olympics.
29. Edmonton Oilers 6-14-4: Edmonton is 1-6-3 in their last ten games. The Oilers problems are deep rooted in their lack of player development over the years. It’s bad when players have to vouch for a coach. Taylor Hall vouched for Dallas Eakins.
28. Buffalo Sabres 8-14-2: The Sabres have played better of late. They are 5-5 in their last ten games and have won their last two in a row. Tyler Ennis might have scored the goal of the year.
27. Carolina Hurricanes 7-13-3: Alexander Semin of the Canes has zero goals in 17 games. Did I mention he is making seven million a year.. Want to hear the best part?? He is signed for three more years at seven million per year.
26. Philadelphia Flyers 8-12-3: The Flyers have lost their last three games in a row and eight of their last nine games, Does Ron Hextall have Dan Bylsma on speed dial?? Did you know the Flyers have allowed the first goal in 17 of 23 contests?