Nov 24, 2014; Uniondale, NY, USA; New York Islanders goalie Jaroslav Halak (41) makes a save on Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ray Emery (29) during the shootout at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The Islanders defeated the Flyers 1-0 in a shootout. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
5. St. Louis Blues 16-6-2: The Blues have won two in a row but that is not the big story in St. Louis. The Blues had Martin Brodeur skate with them earlier this past week. Brian Elliot is day to day with an injury and Jake Allen is an unproven goalie but is Brodeur the answer??
4. Tampa Bay Lightning 16-6-2: The Tampa Lighting have won three in a row and are 6-3-1 in their last ten games. Alex Killhorn is on one of the best offensive streaks of his career. He has five goals and 8 points during his seven game point streak.
3. Nashville Predators 16-5-2: In a very hot division, the Predators continue to sit atop. The Preds have won four in a row and show no signs of slowing down. Their offense is improved but their goals against average is the best in the NHL. Pekka Rinne is back: 16-3-1 with a 1.82 goals against average.
2. Montreal Canadiens 16-7-2: The Candaiens are tied with the Lightning for first in the Atlantic. The Canadiens locked up Brendan Gallagher to a six year contract extension. The deal is worth 22.5 million dollars.
1. New York Islanders 17-7-0: The Islanders have won 12 of 14 but did have their five game winning streak snapped. This is the fastest the Islanders have ever gotten to 17 wins. Jaroslav Halak is 12-4 in his first season with the Islanders and has been a force with them.
The Islanders FINALLY get some love and sit atop this week’s power rankings, who is your number 1 team?
Thank you for visiting Blackhawkup.com. Blackhawk up prides itself on providing original Blackhawks content. If you want up to the minute Blackhawks information you can like us on Face book. You can also follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_up