Oct 3, 2014; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers right wingJesper Fast
(91) checks Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Klas Dahlbeck (44) during the first period at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago Blackhawks defeated the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday night and the only healthy scratch on the defense was Adam Clendening. Clendening had been scratched the last couple games of the circus trip and the first home game of the homestand and now he’s off to Rockford.
Clendening played in four games picking up one goal and one assist before finding the Joel Quenneville pressbox treatment and now he’s back to the IceHogs. It is very evident that Clendening is good offensively but I’m not sold on his defense which may be the reason he’s shuffling back to Rockford.
Enter Klas Dahlbeck. Dahlbeck is the defenseman many thought would be Trevor van Riemsdyk‘s replacement when TVR went down with injury. Dahlbeck in 22 games with the IceHogs has 2 goals and 4 assists with a +6. Dahlbeck isn’t the offensive defenseman that Clendening is but he’s probably more of a defenseman that Joel Quenneville is looking for on his blue line.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Could this be just a tryout or did Quenneville sour on Clendening quickly?
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.