Dec 13, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; St. Louis Blues goalie Martin Brodeur (30) before the start of the game against the Colorado Avalanche at the Pepsi Center. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
This week in the NHL: we saw Martin Brodeur win with the Blues, the Mumps get Sid the Kid, The Blackhawks lose a game, and the Senators fire Paul Maclean.
Onto the rankings:
30. Carolina Hurricanes 8-18-3: At least they can blame it on not having Jordan Staal right?? The Canes have lost four in a row.
29. Edmonton Oilers 7-18-5: So the Canes can blame it on not having Jordan Staal, was is your excuse Edmonton??? Rumor has it Boston wants Jordan Eberle, set him free already.
27. Columbus Blue Jackets 12-15-2: The Blue Jackets are starting to play like the jackets from last year. They have rattled off 6 wins in a row. It might be a little too late.
26. Buffalo Sabres 12-16-2: The Sabres have won three in a row proving the theory that anyone can win three in a row. The Sabres did lose four defensemen on Saturday night.
25. Philadelphia Flyers 11-13-5: The Flyers issues this season have stemmed from their lack of secondary scoring. Claude Giroux has 34pts, Jakub Voracek has 37pts, and then it drops to 22pts by Brayden Schenn. Their lack of depth is killing them, as they rank 17th in goals for this season per hockey reference.com