November 29, 2014; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Kings center Jeff Carter (77) moves the puck against the defense of Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Michal Rozsival (32) during the third period at Staples Center. Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports
19. Winnipeg Jets 15-10-6: The Jets are still hanging around because of their good goal tending. Michael Hutchinson is 6-2-2 with a 1.81 goals against average and Ondrej Pavelec is 9-8-4 with a 2.32. goals against average.
18. Minnesota Wild 16-11-1: The Wild were the latest victims of the mumps. Ryan Suter had to miss time with them. The Wild also lost Keith Ballard to a gruesome hit this week. He is out in definitely. After a fast start to the year, the Wild find themselves 5th in the central.
17. Los Angeles Kings 15-10-5: The Kings need to figure it out and fast. They currently sit 5th in the Pacific Division. They are 1-3-0 in their last four games and have been outscored 12-8 during that stretch. The Kings need Anze Kopitar and Jeff Carter to get it together, they have combined 13 goals this season.
16. Calgary Flames 17-12-2: The Flames have lost four in a row and might be the biggest statistical anomaly in hockey. They were winning games when they have shouldn’t have according to the numbers. Now it appears that they have regressed to the mean.
15. San Jose Sharks 17-11-4: Despite their General Manager best efforts to sabotage this season, the Sharks led by Joe Thornton should make the playoffs once again. They will then lose in the first round but hey it’s better than nothing.