Dec 8, 2014; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers left wing Rick Nash (61) reacts after scoring against the Pittsburgh Penguins during the second period at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
14. New York Rangers 13-10-4: The Rangers have won two in a row and will be going for three in a row. Rick Nash is currently riding a nine game point streak and Derick Brassard is on a five game point streak.
13. Washington Capitals 14-10-5: The Capitals got some goals from the NHL’s top setup man. Niklass Backstrom recorded his first hat trick of the season. The Capitals did get trade bait defenseman Mike Green back from injury this week.
12. Vancouver Canucks 18-10-2: The Canucks have lost two in a row and might be finally slowing down this season. Everyone was shocked by the Canucks hot streak to start the year but it might be finally over.
11. Boston Bruins 15-13-2: The Bruins do not have the offensive fire power they had last season. Rumor has it the Bruins are chasing after Jordan Eberle. With the injury to David Krejci and Milan Lucic is struggling, the Bruins need a lift! The Bruins did welcome back Zdeno Charra back this week from a PCL injury.
10. Toronto Maple Leafs 17-9-3: The Leafs have been quietly playing well recently, they have won four in a row. This is the longest Leafs winning streak in over a year. Remember that awful 9-2 defeat to Nashville, well the Leafs are 8-1-1 since that defeat and have been outscoring people 40-22 in that span.