Dec 20, 2014; Columbus, OH, USA; Columbus Blue Jackets defensemanJack Johnson
(7) scores the game winner during the shootout against the Chicago Blackhawks at Nationwide Arena. Columbus beat Chicago 3-2 in a shootout. Mandatory Credit: Russell LaBounty-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago Blackhawks and Columbus Blue Jackets two of the hottest teams in the NHL faced off against each other on Saturday night in Columbus and put on a pretty good show but in the end the Blackhawks skated away with just one point as 9 round shootout was too much for the Blackhawks to overcome and they lost 3-2.
Normally we do an in depth recap but due to Christmas Parties and work we will just do some quick hits from the game tonight
– Speaking of the Bob he was tremendous stopping 39 of 41 shots and all but one shot in the shootout.
– There were two goal reviews in the game with the first one going against the Blackhawks and the second one an extremely long review went the way of the Blackhawks, Marcus Kruger was called for kicking in the puck but replays showed that Ben Smith got a stick on it before it crossed the goal.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
-Shootouts are lame by the way!
– The Hawks have a quick turn around with back to back games and play the Toronto Maple Leafs Sunday night at the United Center
– Hope your enjoying the Holiday season!! Stay Safe and have fun!!!