Dec 18, 2014; San Jose, CA, USA; San Jose Sharks centerTomas Hertl
(48) attempts a shot on Edmonton Oilers goalieBen Scrivens
(30) during the third period at SAP Center at San Jose. San Jose won 4-3. Mandatory Credit: Bob Stanton-USA TODAY Sports
This week in the NHL: we saw Sid the Kid return, a 20 round shootout, Dallas Eakin get fired, and more players get the mumps.
Onto the rankings:
30. Edmonton Oilers 7-20-6: The Oilers are a DUMPSTER FIRE. This week they fired Dallas Eakins because everything was his fault.
29. Carolina Hurricanes 9-19-4: The Canes activated Alexander Semin from IR. Things are looking up (sarcasm).
28. Arizona Coyotes 11-17-4: Does anyone really care about the Coyotes? Nobody goes to their games and they are HORRIBLE.
27. Buffalo Sabres 13-18-2: The Sabres lost two in a row this week, Mikhail Grigorenko has been recalled. The 2012 first round pick was recalled for the second time this season.
26. Colorado Avalanche 11-13-8: The Avalanche sit dead last in the Central Division but did beat the Sabres 5-1 in their last game.
25. Philadelphia Flyers 12-14-6: The Flyers have lost two in a row and now are on an eight game road trip. The Flyers have been awful away from home. They are 4-9-3 on the road this season.