NHL Power Rankings Week 12
Dec 22, 2014; Columbus, OH, USA; Columbus Blue Jackets centerAlexander Wennberg
(41) celebrates a goal against the Nashville Predators during the third period at Nationwide Arena. Nashville beat Columbus 5-1. Mandatory Credit: Russell LaBounty-USA TODAY Sports
24. Columbus Blue Jackets 15-16-3: The Blue Jackets have been playing well as of late. They also welcomed back Scott Hartnell back from IR. The Blue Jackets are going to need big things from Hartnell to stay in the playoff hunt.
23. Ottawa Senators: 14-14-7: The Senators are trying to make a push for a new downtown arena. That’s good because they are not making a playoff push. They currently sit 11th in the East.
22. Philadelphia Flyers 14-15-6: The Flyers were really bad on the penalty kill until they faced the Nashville Predators. The Preds made it worse. The Flyers allowed three power goals to the Preds.
21. Boston Bruins 18-15-3: The Bruins seven game winning streak was snapped by the Blue Jackets this past week. The Bruins were inching toward being mediocre. This is NOT the same Bruins team of old. If the playoffs started today, they would not be in.
20. Dallas Stars 15-14-5: The Stars might be most disappointing teams in all of the NHL. They are horrible against their own division. Their record against the central is 1-7-3.