Jan 9, 2015; Edmonton, Alberta, CAN; Edmonton Oilers forward Matt Hendricks (23) and Chicago Blackhawks forward Jonathan Toews (19) look for a loose puck during the second period at Rexall Place. Mandatory Credit: Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago Blackhawks are back on the United Center ice after having what seems like an entire week off. The Blackhawks are in a tight battle in the Western Conference for playoff positioning with teams making moves from rising up to falling down and tonight is one of those games that the Hawks need to win and pick up two points.
The Blackhawks looked pretty good in their first game with the new lineup against the Carolina Hurricanes and tonight they will have all of their new acquisitions on the ice when Andrew Dejardins makes his Chicago Blackhawks debut. The Blackhawks don’t have very many gritty players and Joel Quenneville seems to like these type of players (see Daniel Carcillo) so it’s no surprise that he’s in tonight and Teuvo Teravainen is out even though all four lines looked good on Monday night.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Edmonton Oilers are just playing out the string hoping to get lucky in the Conner McDavid sweepstakes even though as many experts have said the Oilers organization don’t deserve nice things with the way they have failed to develop 1st round picks. The Oilers aren’t exactly playing playoff spoiler these days either with the Oilers going 3-6-1 in their last 10 games.
Every game is a big game this time of the season so here is the viewing information for tonight’s game from the United Center.
TV Listings– CSN, Sportsnet
Radio Listings– WGN Radio
Radio Streaming– WGN Radio App
There wasn’t a prediction for the Hurricanes game so let’s go full steam into tonight’s prediction for the Oilers game. The game tonight should be another opportunity for the new Blackhawks to get some pucks in the net without much opposition before they take on the New York Rangers Sunday night on National Television.
Tonight I predict Antoine Vermette will pick up his first NHL point and Bryan Bickell and Andrew Shaw will score in the Chicago Blackhawks 6-2 win with plenty of Chelsea Dagger for everyone to hear.
What is your prediction for tonight’s game? Leave us your prediction in our comments section and let’s see who can get the closest to the prediction expert!
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem