Dec 27, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; Chicago Blackhawks center Joakim Nordstrom (42) during the game against the Colorado Avalanche at Pepsi Center. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
Last night in the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 win against the Arizona Coyotes in the final minute Joakim Nordstrom boarded Oliver Ekman-Larsson into the side boards and went right to the box and Ekman-Larsson went right to the dressing room. Here is the video of the hit.
The Blackhawks survived the man advantage during the game last night but now Joakim Nordstrom has a hearing with the NHL Department of Safety today which could lead to a suspension.
Nordstrom hasn’t been disciplined before by the NHL so the first suspension usually isn’t very big but a player was injured and had to leave the ice which is never good when it comes the Division of Player Safety. The hit was pretty dirty and a suspension of a game would be suitable.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
If Nordstrom does get suspended it’s not like the Hawks are missing a huge point producer and to be honest I’m not sure why Andrew Dejardins isn’t in the lineup ahead of Nordstrom to begin with so it’s not a big loss but Nordstrom does play some on the Penalty Kill.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
We should hear sometime today if Nordstrom will be out of service tomorrow for San Jose or not.. We will keep you updated.
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.