Jan 31, 2015; San Jose, CA, USA; San Jose Sharks center Joe Pavelski (8) and Chicago Blackhawks center Brad Richards (91) battle for possession of the puck during the third period at SAP Center at San Jose. The San Jose Sharks defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 2-0. Mandatory Credit: Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago Blackhawks head to San Jose this afternoon for a matinee game against a team in turmoil. Not only are the Shark swimming below the playoff wild card line Joe Thornton came out against Doug Wilson and the removal of the C from his uniform this past offseason.
The Blackhawks are a real question right now. They have only surrendered three possible points since the Patrick Kane injury yet the consensus is that they are really struggling. They are having a tough time finding the back of the net but there had to be a light pop on with both Blackhawks goals coming off rebounds from shots in front of the net. Both Andrew Shaw and Brad Richards were in front of Mike Smith and that’s a place the Blackhawks will keep needing to return to if they expect of get the offense back running smoothly with a handful of games left on the calendar.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The star of the show lately has been Crawford and he’s been really sharp this past week. Maybe it will be Crawford not the star studded lineup that can carry the Hawks the rest of the way. Here are the listings for this afternoon’s game today.
Game Time: 3:00pm
TV Listings- WGN, NHL Network
Radio Listings- WGN Radio
Radio Streaming- WGN Radio App
My only prediction I had correct on Thursday night was the Hawks winning. I had Vermette and Bickell scoring and that just didn’t happen as well as the 4-2 final, but it all ended with a Blackhawks victory which was the best part of the night and well the powerplay scored 2 goals so not all was lost.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
This afternoon I see the Hawks offense starting to pick up some more speed in a 4-1 Blackhawks victory. Kris Versteeg and Teuvo Teravainen will get 2 of the four goals.
What’s your prediction for today’s game? Please drop off your game day prediction in our comments section and we can see who needs to be flying to Vegas soon.
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or LIke our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.