The Chicago Blackhawks road trip comes to an end in Philadelphia tonight when they face-off against the Flyers in a game that’s not a must win, but a game the Chicago Blackhawks really need to pick up 2 point in since the Western Conference Playoff race is super super tight.
The Chicago Blackhawks have played one good period on this road trip with 5 of them being really bad without scoring and getting out shot which is not a staple of a Joel Quenneville team or this era of Chicago Blackhawks hockey. The Hawks throw together some new lines with some of them working (Hossa-Vermette-Sharp) while the Toews line with Brandon Saad and Teuvo Teravainen looked to struggle clicking at times but it was exciting to see them all on the ice together.
The Chicago Blackhawks are just a few points with games in hand behind the Nashville Predators while only 5 points ahead of the Minnesota Wild for third place in the division so every point is really crucial this time of the season.
The Flyers have been a .500 team for most of the season, and never have seriously threatened the Wild Card race for most of the season, they are just playing out the string, but one thing you can expect from the Flyers is hard hits and some explosive plays. The good thing is you know you can score some easy goals which have been hard to come by for the Hawks recently so maybe a trip to Philly can get the offense rolling once again.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Here is the listings for tonight’s game from Philadelphia
Game Time: 7:00pm
TV Listings- NBCSN
Radio Listings- WGN
Live Streaming-NBC Live Extra
Radio Streaming- WGN Radio App
The prediction part of me has been struggling as of late, I have been expecting far too many goals when I should just be putting 2-1 predictions up there instead of 5-2 which was my prediction for Monday night. Vermette and Teuvo were held off the score sheet but it was good to see Patrick Sharp pick up a goal and an assist in the Chicago Blackhawks victory.
Tonight’s prediction is a 3-1 win by the Chicago Blackhawks and I’m going back to the well and say Antoine Vermette picks up his first goal in a Chicago Blackhawks uniform.
What is your prediction for tonight’s Game? Please put your prediction in our Comments Section and we can see who’s the best predictor!
For more Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem