The month of April is upon us and the Chicago Blackhawks are only a few games (6 to be exact) from the regular season ending and the playoff beards growing and real hockey being played. Â The final 6 games will be huge in the fact that playoff seedings will be finalized and the way the team is playing and the momentum that has been built will be in full motion as the opening round of the playoffs gets underway two weeks from now.
When looking at the Chicago Blackhawk who will be without Patrick Kane for at least the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs there are some players that need to rediscover their game before the playoffs begin and these final 6 games will be a very large stepping stone for them to find those games and get ready for a playoff run that last fall most people predicted would end with the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup again. Â Here are three players that need to find there games in the final two weeks of the season.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Coming to a new team especially a Championship caliber team like the Chicago Blackhawks after being stuck with the abysmal Arizona Coyotes had to feel great, but fitting in is another thing which Vermette is still trying to do after his move to the Blackhawks at the trade deadline.
There are things that Vermette does that doesn’t always standout on the scoresheet. Vermette wins faceoffs and is very responsible for all 200 feet of the ice. One thing that Vermette can do is score goals which is something he still hasn’t done since putting on the Chicago Blackhawks uniform. His offensive stat line through 13 games is 0 goals 3 assists.
It generally takes 10 games for veterans to get used to their new surroundings so if we say 13 for the month of March for Vermette then the final 6 games of the season is go time for Vermette to get the offensive end of his game going before the playoffs get started. Vermette has 58 playoff games under his belt including long runs with the Ottawa Senators and Phoenix Coyotes so he’s not stranger to the spotlight, the Hawks just need to see some offense from him sooner than later!
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem