Mar 27, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks right wingKris Versteeg
(23) with the puck during the second period against the Columbus Blue Jackets at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
1. Kris Versteeg
For the second year in a row, Kris Versteeg has pulled a disappearing act in the month of March with the question being will he reappear again this season unlike last year where he was pretty invisible during the playoffs.
If there is one player effected the most by the Patrick Kane injury it has to be Versteeg. Â He was having a comeback player of the year campaign playing alongside Patrick Kane and Brad Richards and then he went and blocked a shot at the Winter Classic and injured his hand (upper body) and really hasn’t been the same since the injury with his comeback coming only games before Kane left the Blackhawks for the regular season.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Versteeg only has 1 assist in his last 5 games and to be honest I can’t remember the last time he had a really strong game for the Chicago Blackhawks. He has 13 goals and 20 assists on the season and all of that feels like it was accumulated in 2014. In 15 games last year during the playoffs he had 1 goal (the first goal of the Blues series) and 2 assists and well without Kane in the lineup for some of the playoffs the Blackhawks will need more production from Versteeg than that if they expect to make a run at the Stanley Cup this season.
Versteeg has a ton of offensive skill, but he seems fine just dumping the puck into the zone. The Hawks need Versteeg to find is game down the stretch and carry it over to the playoffs!
Who are your three players that need to find their games down the stretch? Only 6 games remain!
For more Chicago Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem