Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks played about 12 of 60 minutes last night in Buffalo, scored 4 goals and left the building with a win, luckily they were playing the worst team in the NHL last night.
The game looked like it was going to be a cakewalk with the Chicago Blackhawks scoring twice in the first 10 minutes, but of course the Blackhawks play to the level of their competition and had to struggle for a while before pulling it out late with 2 Jonathan Toews goals in the final 2 minutes to secure the much needed 2 points in the standings.
There is a reason why Jonathan Toews wears the C and last night was a perfect example of him tying and winning the game when other players would have shrunk under the pressure, Toews thrives with all of the pressure on him and his team. Here are some morning links to kick off your Easter Weekend.
Oh Captain, My Captain.. Thanks for taking over the game, here are some highlights (Blackhawks)
Trevor van Riemsdyk had surgery on his wrist and will be out for 10 games (ESPN Chicag0)
NHL Stanley Cup playoff matchups wel would love to see this spring (Bleacher Report)
Teuvo Teravainen is finding his niche playing in of all places the fourth line for Joel Quenneville, which is ironic because earlier they sent Teuvo to Rockford because his game wasn’t for the 4th line (Second City)
Chicago Blackhawks fans need to calm down and just wait for the Stanley Cup Playoffs to begin (Sun-Times)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
If the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs started today, there are new challengers to the crown (On The Forecheck)
And the Award goes to,….The 2014-2015 Fantasy hockey awards show and who was the best (Mile High Hockey)
Wild fans pick their poison.. Which first round matchup suits the Wild the best to advance to the 2nd round. (Hockey Wilderness)
If you missed it last week Jaden Schwartz made a jump shot goal the other night for the St. Louis Blues (St. Louis Gametime)
No supplemental discipline for Brandon Bollig after his hit on St. Louis Blues Barrett Jackman (Pro Hockey Talk)
The Winnipeg Jets are looking for a playoff spot, but it will take some help along the way (TSN)
Losing is getting old and endless for the Edmonton Oilers (Puck Daddy)
For more Chicago Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem