Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Patrick Kane stories went full blast yesterday after the news leaked that he was practicing with contact in Chicago this weekend which in Joel Quenneville speak is “ratcheting it Up”. The Chicago Blackhawks offense has gone totally dormant without their playmaker in the lineup so just the whispers of #88 returning to the lineup makes all Chicago Blackhawks fans fill up with excitement.
The Chicago Blackhawks were missing Patrick Kane going into the playoffs and it took #88 a few games to get use to playing with a brace on his knee, but when they needed him the most in Game #4 in overtime he produced with this huge goal.
Hopefully with the extended rest for Patrick kane his legs will be fresher than anyone on the Nashville Predators team an in the end a blessing in disguise as the Chicago Blackhawks begin their quest for their 3rd Stanley Cup in the Jonathan Toews/Patrick Kane era. Here are some morning links to kick off your work week and your playoff week.
The Chicago Blackhawks will not be looking in the rear view mirror when they face the Nashville predators in the opening round of the playoffs (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks recalled Antti Raanta and Kyle Cumiskey from Rockford to bolster the playoff roster (ESPN Chicag0)
Who is your John Druce this year? (Committed Indian)
In case you missed it, Corey Crawford and Carey price shared the Jennings Trophy which makes it 2 in 3 seasons for Crawford to win the award (Second City)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Strengths and Weaknesses of every NHL Team that is playing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs (Bleacher Report)
One Question for each team to answer that is in the Stanley Cup Playoffs (NHL)
Three positives that the Nashville Predators can look to when facing the Chicago Blackhawks in the playoffs this year (Predlines)
The Florida Panthers re-signed the ageless Jaromir Jagr to a one year contract, He is turning into this era’s Gordie Howe (Pro Hockey Talk)
Mike Shanahan fired everyone in the Leafs organization basically Sunday and now the new GM must have all his ducks aligned with Shanahan to make the Leafs successful again (Tsn)
The end of the NHL season awards, Best Goalie, Best Trade, Worst Trade… well you pretty much know the drill by now (Grantland)
For more Chicago Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving