Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Well, it’s back to Smashville again tonight and a chance to put a real hurting on the Nashville Predators by sweeping the first two game on their home ice. The Chicago Blackhawks at times didn’t look like they deserved a win on Wednesday night, but a team with the heart of champion knows how to dig themselves out of a bad spot.
The toughest choice although he said it was a no brainer was putting Corey Crawford back in net to start Game #2 after Scott Darling’s (Lemont Native) fantastic effort in relief of Crawford in Game #1. Darling joined Ed Belfour as Blackhawks rookies that won their first playoff appearance in net. Darling was great, but Crawford is still the #1 goalie in Chicago so it makes sense that Joel Quenneville went right back to Crawford for Game #2.
Either way a win tonight will make the path to Round #2 that much easier even if every game is a battle in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Here are some morning links to kick off your Playoff Gameday!
Another great community effort by the Chicago Blackhawks in the latest edition of #WhatsYourGoal (Blackhawks)
There are plenty of storylines from all of the 1st round playoff series this season, here is the top one from each series (Bleacher Report)
The Chicago Blackhawks net is still and will be for quite some time Corey Crawford’s to lose (Second City)
The Real Question isn’t if Corey Crawford should be starting Friday night over Lemont Native Scott Darling, the Real Question is…..(The Committed Indian)
We may be a day late on this, but it is very interesting looking at the Numbers between the Predators and the Blackhawks (Hockee Night)
Who cleared Patrick Kane to play Wednesday night in Nashville, and what is the risk? (Third Man IN)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
From the Nashville perspective….What in the World Happened Wednesday Night (On the Forecheck)
Keys for every team in the playoffs in their first round matchups (Gone Puck Wild)
Ottawa Senators Mark Stone has a fracture in his wrist from Subban (Puck Daddy)
P.K. Subban say he’s never threatened anybody on the ice (Pro Hockey Talk)
What the Western Conference Playoff picture looks like from a National panel (Grantland)
St. Louis has their own goalie controversy after Ken Hitchcock names Jake Allen the starter for Game #1 (Bleedin Blue)
For more Chicago Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem