Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
Replace Kris Versteeg with Teuvo Teravainen. Yes, Versteeg scored a goal Thursday. But you’d like to think John Scott could convert that easy of a chance. The world’s most renowned Kane impersonator, Versteeg is actively hurting the ’Hawks by being in the lineup. At least Rozsival has arguably improved since Game 1. Versteeg continues to antagonize the Preds for no reason while whistle-happy refs skate around him, kill offensive possessions singlehandedly and show the defensive responsibility of an inebriated bodyguard. Meanwhile, Teuvo was benched after playing a relatively uneventful pair of road playoff games. Somehow, uneventful with great potential is a worse option than eventful (in a mostly bad way) with little ceiling remaining.
Teuvo will hopefully be around Chicago for a long time. Versteeg could be gone in the next salary cap purge this summer. Give the young, extremely talented Finn a shot to create scoring chances alongside Kane or Patrick Sharp. Or even in his typical fourth-line spot. When Quenneville has the benefit of last change at home, this option becomes even more promising.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem