Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! It’s another playoff game day and this one is huge for this series. Sure, it’s the opening round series so how Big could it be? Well, it’s a series clincher and the difference between clinching a series and forced to play Game #7 on the road in a building that the Chicago Blackhawks have struggled in the third period the last 2 games.
The Chicago Blackhawks are 12-4 in close out game in the Jonathan Toews/Patrick Kane era and they have been fantastic in Games 4-7 which makes Thursday night’s game hopefully just a footnote and not a new trend.
The Chicago Blackhawks will be back in front of their home crowd and tonight is the time to finish this series get some rest and move on to bigger and better things in the second round of the playoffs. Here is some Gameday morning links to kick off you Game #6 Saturday morning!
Listen to what Jonathan Toews had to say about being a Selke finalist for the third straight season (Blackhawks)
Nashville Predators Captain Shea Weber has been ruled out for the rest of the opening round series against the Chicago Blackhawks (Second City)
For the first time in the Joel Quenneville era, there is a goalie controversy during the playoff which when you really think about is pretty crazy that it hasn’t happened before (The Committed Indian)
One thing is for certain and that’s the Chicago Blackhawks do not want to return to Nashville for Game #7 (CSN)
Even though he looks close to returning to his regular self, Patrick Kane is still kicking off the rust in his game (ESPN Chicag0)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
What did Brad Richards have to say after the Chicago Blackhawks Game #5 loss in Nashville Thursday night (Tribune)
Filip Forsberg was snubbed for the Calder Trophy Finalist which is surprising since he led his team in scoring (On the Forecheck)
After an embarrassing lost to the St. Louis Blues, Minnesota Wild fans are looking for their secondary lines (Gone Puck Wild)
Peter Chiarelli didn’t take long to rebound from being fired from the Boston Bruins, and yesterday he was named President and GM of the Edmonton Oilers (Pro Hockey Talk)
One of my favorite posts to read from Puck Daddy, It’s the playoff edition of jersey fouls (Puck Daddy)
For more Chicago Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem