Apr 7, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Minnesota Wild center Kyle Brodziak (21) shoots the puck against Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford (50) during the second period at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago Blackhawks will face a familiar post season opponent in the Minnesota Wild. The Blackhawks have faced the Wild in the playoffs now three years in a row in the playoffs. The Blackhawks have won the last two series (2012-13 quarterfinals and 2013-14 Semifinals). This Wild team appears to be a different team and looks poised to upset the Blackhawks.
Here are five quick thoughts on the Minnesota Wild:
- Zach Parise is heating up at the right time. Before Sunday’s series clincher against St. Louis, Parise had one goal and four assists in the series. Parise had two goals in Game 6 to sow up the series for the Wild. Against the Blackhawks in four games this season, Parise had only two assists. He is going to need to score against the Blackhawks.
- Devan Dubnyk had the Blackhawks number this season. Coming into this season for his career Dubnyk was 4-6-0 against the Blackhawks with a .902 save percentage and 3.54 goals against average. This season in two games, he was 2-0. Dubynk allowed one goal, stopping 56 of 57 shots. He had a save percentage of .982 and a .50 goals against average. For the year he went 36-14-4 with a. 929 save percentage and 2.07 goals against average. In his time with Minnesota during the regular season, he was 27-9-2 with a .936 save percentage and 1.78 goals against average.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
- The Wild were 2-3 against the Blackhawks this season. They scored 11 goals and allowed 14 goals with a 2.20 goals for and 2.80 goals allowed for the season. Remember the Wild were 2-0 with Dubnyk in net against the Blackhawks this season.
- Ryan Suter was a minus against the Blackhawks this season. Suter was a -2 rating in five games this season. Suter only had one assist. For his career he has four goals and 26 assist against the Blackhawks. He is also a -6 for his career. Suter had one assist in the first round series against the Blues.
- The Wild are looking for revenge against the Blackhawks. The Blackhawks have eliminated them the last two seasons and will be looking for revenge. This series could go two ways: One Blackhawks will assert that they are still the best team in the Central Division. The second way the series could go is that Wild has finally risen to that next level.
The NHL will announce when this series will begin. Thank you for visiting Blackhawkup.com