Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks swept the Minnesota Wild last night in what ended up being a pretty wild Game #4 third period. The Wild took too long to open up their offense and in the end the Chicago Blackhawks were able to out patient the Wild and beat them at their own game and in the end sweep them right onto the golf course for the summer.
The Stanley Cup playoffs are a marathon so the Chicago Blackhawks first sweep since 201o comes at the perfect time at the middle of the trip to get some rest before what should be a great Western Conference Finals. The Chicago Blackhawks will have to wait for their next opponent, but the Anaheim Ducks sure look good if you throw out the third period in Calgary the other night. The Hawks were 2-1 against both the Flames and the Ducks if you’re into stats like that.
The Hawks get an unexpected sweep and now some rest, and here are some morning links to kick off your Friday!
And to think Patrick Kane was supposed to be sidelined still and look at all the goals he’s scored in the playoffs already (ESPN Chicag0)
Andrew Shaw stars in the new COCO5 commercial (CSN Chicag0)
Too frequently asked questions about sexism and the NHL (Second City)
Recent Chicago Blackhawks prospect signing Aretmi Panarin is starring at the World Championships for Team Russia (Committed Indians)
There’s no reason to but you can be angry at numbers during the Chicago Blackhawks playoff run (The Committed Indian)
Patrick Sharp at 33 is still young and finding his scoring touch at the right time in the playoffs (Sun-Times)
Ryan Suter’s lack of shots has Minnesota Wild fans seething (Hockey Wilderness)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
How does the Nashville Predators fans grade Mike Riberio’s 2014-2015 season in Smashville (Predlines)
This is a couple of days old, but the Manitoba Moose (Great jersey’s) are in full reboot north of the border (Winnipeg Sun)
Five free agents that the Colorado Avalanche should be targeting in the upcoming NHL free agency period (Mile High Sticking)
The Montreal Canadiens weren’t ready for the offseason yet, so they just went out and beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 6-2 (Pro Hockey Talk)
Where the Wild Things are and how the Flame roasted the Ducks (Grantland)
For more Chicago Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem