Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! We are in a holding pattern waiting for the next opponent and dates when the Western Conference Finals will be played, but in the meantime let’s take a second and say Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there!
There of course is plenty of stories we all can share about our Moms, but the ones I will share on here are about how they mix with the Chicago Blackhawks. My Mom always liked taking us to games when her and my Dad could score some seats now and again at Chicago Stadium. The Stadium was just so cool as a kid with the horn and well basically everything because you never got to see it on TV as a kid, all you knew about it was the few visits and whatever Pat Foley described about the place on radio.
The other story still fits to this day with my wife who overlooks the same thing. One playoff season in the 80’s, after we finally got cable and could watch the Blackhawks on Sportsvision, the Chicago Blackhawks were in overtime and it was late into the night and the Hawks scored and me and my Dad yelled out this huge scream of excitement. Now normally waking up the entire house including my little brother would be a huge lecture from Mom, but she just came out and asked if that scream meant the Hawks won and we said yes and high-fived Mom on the way to bed.
Here are some morning links to kick off your Mother’s Day!
Get to know Patrick Sharp on a different level than just a Sharp Shooter (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks are leaving no doubt about Stanley Cup favorites after sweeping the Wild (Bleacher Report)
Even though he’s still ahead of schedule for returning, Patrick Kane is hitting his post season stride (CSN)
The younger Seabrook creates own career path on and off the ice (ESPN Chicag0)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Tampa Bay Lightning head home for a Game #6 after a deflating loss in Montreal (Bolts By the Bay)
Carey Price is leading the charge of the reverse sweep by Montreal (Pro Hockey Talk)
What was Mike Fisher’s grade for the season in Nashville (Predlines)
Remembering or Eulogizing the Minnesota Wild Season (Puck Daddy)
For more Chicago Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem