Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are playing the waiting game to see when they will be back on the ice again in the Western Conference Finals. At least we know the opponent now after Anaheim took out the Calgary Flames last night in overtime to win the series in 5 games.
One thing we didn’t have to wait very long was who will be replacing the injured Michal Rozsival, and as expected at the first practice after the injury it was David Rundblad taking Rozsival’s spot with Duncan Keith. Rundblad played 49 games this season so it’s not like he’s a total unknown to Joel Quenneville.
The question is whether or not Rundblad can play at a high level for Joel Quenneville and the Chicago Blackhawks. It would be a huge setting and a great time for Rundblad to play like the 1st round pick.
Here are some morning links to kick off your work week and hopefully sooner than later the Chicago Blackhawks will be back on the ice.
The Chicago Blackhawks were back at work on Sunday, and Joel Quenneville made his decision on the new 6th defenseman, and his name is David Rundblad (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks are one step closer to a modern day dynasty in the NHL (Sportsnet)
The Chicago Blackhawks cherish another deep playoff run with their 5th trip to the Conference Championship in the past 7 years (CBS Chicag0)
The Chicago Blackhawks have become the foe in the conference that nobody wants to face in the playoffs (Daily Herald)
The Rockford IceHogs left Grand Rapids being down 2-0 and will need to win at home, and in a hurry (Third Man In)
The Chicago Blackhawks are rested, and they are prepping for a physical Conference Finals (Csn)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The top breakout stars in the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs to date. (Bleacher Report)
Alex Ovechkin tries to summon up his best Mark Messier and boldly proclaim that the Washington Capitals are going to win the series (Pro Hockey Talk)
Hindsight is 20/20.. Looking back at the Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli trades that just didn’t quite pan out in the end (On the Forecheck)
Charlie Coyle went from the Stanley Cup playoffs right to Team USA at the Worlds (Gone Puck Wild)
Your hand NHL controversial goal quiz (Grantland)
Bruce Boudreau makes his first conference finals as a coach (Puck Daddy)
For more Chicago Blackhawks updates and conversation follow us on Twitter @Blackhawk_Up or Like our Facebook page at Blackhawkup.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem