The Chicago Blackhawks during the Jonathan Toews/Patrick Kane era have not always been fast starters in series having fallen behind 1-0 in numerous series, but this era has been one of the best closers in recent history. With the Hawks having 9 days off and down 1-0 to the Anaheim Ducks, lets take a look down memory lane at all the series the Blackhawks have trailed 1-0 and what the outcome was for the Chicago Blackhawks.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
2009- Vancouver Canucks
The Chicago Blackhawks lose 5-3 to the Canucks in Vancouver in Game #1, but the Blackhawks storm back to win Game #2 on the road and take the series in 6 games. The highlight of the series was Patrick Kane’s close out hat trick in Game #6 to propel the Chicago Blackhawks to their first Western Conference Finals since 1995.
2009- Detroit Red Wings
The Chicago Blackhawks were handily defeated by the Detroit Red Wings in Game #1, and then lost a heart breaker in Game #2 in overtime. They would win Game #3 in overtime at the United Center, but after getting blown out in Game #4, they lost again at Joe Louis Arena in Game #5 in overtime to lose the series 4-1, but they proved they would be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem