Jun 6, 2015; Tampa, FL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook (7) shoots and scores a goal against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the third period in game two of the 2015 Stanley Cup Final at Amalie Arena. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
5. Brent Seabrook (14th overall, 2003)
Seabrook was around the franchise for some of the final lean years, but his impact on the rebuild sometimes goes unnoticed. Seabrook just finished his 10th season with the Hawks after making his NHL debut during the 2005-06 season.
He has 71 goals and 318 points during his tenure in Chicago and is one of the cornerstones of the rebuild. Seabrook is one of seven players who has been with the team for all three of its Stanley Cups since 2010 and is still an instrumental contributor along the blue line.
Seabrook was just the first of a handful of excellent draft picks that helped jumpstart the revitalization of the franchise.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem