Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks welcomed some new members to their franchise yesterday when they made 7 selections in rounds not named the 1st.
The Chicago Blackhawks cap purge was supposed to take full shape this weekend, but the only move Stan Bowman made besides giving reports some cheesy cliches about trades was moving Antti Raanta to the New York Rangers for an AHL Forward that most likely will end up being a productive Rockford IceHog next season.
Next up for the Chicago Blackhawks on the salary cap purge watch is Wednesday July 1st and the free agency period which could be a time for Stan Bowman to find a Patrick Sharp suitor. If teams miss out on their coveted free agent, they could circle back to the Chicago Blackhawks with Bowman having more leverage than he had at the draft this past weekend.
The Chicago Blackhawks offseason is almost now in full swing which means a whole lot of baseball on the TV, but if your looking for some Hockey news here are some morning links to kick off your Sunday morning.
Hear what Graham Knott had to say about being the Chicago Blackhawks first pick of the 2015 NHL Draft (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks 2015 NHL Draft summary (Committed Indians)
The Stanley Cup will make its second appearance in the Chicago Pride Parade (Madhouse Enforcer)
Antti Raanta is no longer a Chicago Blackhawk and is on his way to be the back up for the New York Rangers (Sun-Times)
Joel Quenneville liked his role as Observer while attending the NHL Draft (Tribune)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Rich Clune placed on unconditional waivers with his buyout coming soon from the Nashville Predators (On The Forecheck)
Devan Dubnyk risk and contract was worth taking by the Minnesota Wild (Hockey Wilderness)
St. Louis Blues fans have one question, What is Blues GM Doug Armstrong doing? (Bleedin Blue)
Former Chicago Blackhawks goalie was traded from San Jose Sharks to the Dallas Stars (Blackout Dallas)
Chris Pronger’s contract was traded from the Philadelphia Flyers to the Arizona Coyotes in a strange numbers trade (Pro Hockey Talk)
Andong Song became the first Chinese player to ever get drafted into the NHL on Saturday (Sporting News)
Bob Murray proclaims he is not trading John Gibson after making a goalie trade earlier in the day (Puck Daddy)
The winners and losers from this years NHL Draft with the Chicago Blackhawks making list (ESPN)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan