Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! We have had all Saturday and basically all weekend to let the Patrick Sharp trade set in even though we basically knew it was coming.
The problem with the Sharp trade is that before it happened we had to deal with a Chicago Blackhawks trade we didn’t expect when Brandon Saad was dealt to the Columbus Blue Jackets. While the Sharp trade may have been expected, the Saad deal was a blow to what many thought was a player that would have a Patrick Sharp like career with the Chicago Blackhawks. We expected a solid decade from Saad like we received from Patrick Sharp and now in a matter of a couple of weeks they both are gone.
Did the Chicago Blackhawks and Stan Bowman make wise financial moves and receive enough compensation for the stars they dealt? Time will only tell, but one thing that will be hard for most fans of the Chicago Blackhawks to deal with will be the future and one of the cornerstones of the turnaround gone in a blink of an eye. These guys in your head were supposed to be Chicago Blackhawks for life, but yet there time is gone and that is a hard pill to swallow at the end of the day.
Here are some morning links to kick off your Sunday morning.
Patrick Sharp had a special 10 year run with the Chicago Blackhawks and here’s a quick look back (ESPN)
A look at all four players that made up the Patrick Sharp deal and the mighty concerns with the Chicago Blackhawks return (The Committed Indian)
Chicago Blackhawks summer work still isn’t over with just because the Patrick Sharp trade finally happened (Second City)
Are the new-look Chicago Blackhawks still a favorite to win another Stanley Cup in the near future (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Who actually won the Patrick Sharp trade? (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem