Mar 26, 2015; Uniondale, NY, USA; Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick (32) makes a save against New York Islanders defenseman Nick Leddy (2) during the second period at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports
2nd Defensive Pairing – Brian Campbell (Florida Panthers)-Nick Leddy (New York Islanders)
Don’t expect much defense to be played from this pairing. However, they would give the Ex-Hawks a lethal first pairing on the powerplay, with Byfuglien switching from defenseman to forward on the man advantage.
Campbell and Leddy are both offensive defensemen at heart and would certainly be targeted by opposing top lines in road matchups. Oh well, they’ll just make up for it with fast-paced facilitating.
Campbell is 36 and is coming off a 27-point season. Leddy is only 24-years-old and had a very good first year out of Joel Quenneville’s doghouse for the New York Islanders.
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem