Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The summer has really arrived if your a Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Stanley Cup has been won, the draft has taken place, trades of our favorite players has happened, prospect camp has taken place, and finally the 2015 Blackhawks convention has come and gone!
The dog days of summer are now in full effect, which is kind of sad yet pretty exciting because before you know it the Chicago Blackhawks will be in Notre Dame and everyone will be excited about training camp!
If we look back for a minute what a quick and crazy month of summer that has already passed. The Chicago Blackhawks won their first Stanley Cup Championship on home ice since 1938. The Hawks didn’t make a major trade at the draft, and then out of nowhere traded Brandon Saad to the Columbus Blue Jackets. In free agency everyone left town including veterans Antoine Vermette, Brad Richards, and Johnny Oduya.
The prospect camp was not as exciting as usual with most prospects years away from competing for a spot on the Chicago Blackhawks roster spot, and of course there was the Blackhawks convention which is great if you enjoy long lines but it is still a celebration of the Stanley Cup!
It was a fun, frustrating, infuriating month but it will be a lot more interesting than the month ahead of us! Here are some morning links to kick off your workweek (rest of summer)!
The Chicago Blackhawks highlight video is a fun 9 minutes to remember what a great season the Chicago Blackhawks had in 2014-2015 (Blackhawks)
The Chicago Blackhawks goal (#OneGoal) is to keep churning out wins no matter how much turnover takes place on their roster (NHL)
The Chicago Blackhawks were hit with a $750,000 bonus overage which is the price for being a great team (Committed Indians)
Stan Bowman is most excited about the arrival of Artemi Panarin, but they want to lower expectations (CSN)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Success and a new ownership group creates plenty of attendees to games in Nashville which is music to the NHL’s ears (Memphis Daily News)
Report out of Seattle is that the prospective owners of an expansion team will not be putting in a bid at the deadline (Pro Hockey
Who will be the top rookie for the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2015-2016 season (Bleacher Report)
Top 10 free agents that still haven’t signed and why they haven’t found a home yet (Grantland)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving