D. Dustin Byfuglien is the correct choice for most game-winning goals in one playoff season.
Byfuglien was huge in the 2010 Stanley Cup playoff run, and we are not just talking his size. Byfuglien, after some disappointing seasons in Chicago, really turned it up a whole lot of notches for the drought-breaking run of 2010.
Byfuglien recorded a hat trick against the Vancouver Canucks.
More from All Time Blackhawks
- Blackhawks’ Legend Niklas Hjalmarsson Retires After 14 Seasons
- Blackhawks: The five longest tenured captains in team history
- Blackhawks News: Andrew Shaw Retires At Age 29
- Best Blackhawks Goalie of All-Time: Esposito, Hall, or Crawford?
- The Jersey Numbers Never Worn in Blackhawks History
In the process he collected five game-winning goals in 2010, which is still the Chicago Blackhawks season-single playoff record to date. The play that stands out to me in that entire playoff run for the Chicago Blackhawks from Byfuglien was when he put a huge hit on Chris Pronger early in the Stanley Cup Final to basically say, ‘Hey, you’re not going to take runs at our stars or your going to have to deal with me every time.’
Byfuglien of course was dealt to the Atlanta Thrashers (now Winnipeg Jets) in the first post-Stanley Cup purge in 2010, but he was able to help the Jets team to their first playoff appearance this past season since moving back to Winnipeg.
What is your favorite memory involving Byfuglien?
Next: Question No. 3 Is Next