Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The Chicago Blackhawks are in full summer vacation mode right now with hardly a word coming out of the front office. The main thing we get to see (and of course it’s an awesome thing) is watching player after player have their day with the Stanley Cup.
The question is where are the Chicago Blackhawks going to cut their payroll? Everyone in the press keeps up the notion that they are staying for good with Kris Versteeg and Bryan Bickell throwing it out to the media that they aren’t going anywhere for the upcoming season. The thing is someone has to go!
So now what? The summer is going to really drag and it feels like nothing is really going to happen until training camp which makes for some a couple of long months of speculation on whether Versteeg, Bickell or even possibly Andrew Shaw will get dealt come September like how the Nick Leddy deal went down. Either way it’s going to be a lot of speculation for the rest of July and August. In the meantime here are some morning links to kick off a Summer Wednesday!
If you want to blame anyone about the salary cap look no further than the mirror for some self inflicted wounds (Hockee Night)
One happy Chicago Blackhawks fan went home even happier with a new car after the 2015 Chicago Blackhawks Convention (Blackhawks)
Quebec City and Las Vegas are the only two teams to put in expansion team applications.. No Seattle bid (Committed Indians)
A very comprehensive review of last weeks Chicago Blackhawks prospect camp (ESPN Chicago)
The question was asked and so now there is video evidence of the answer, What is the strangest thing a Chicago Blackhawks player has ever autographed (CSN)’
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Of course now it comes out that Jason Zucker had a broken thumb in the playoffs, Don’t think that changes the fact that the Chicago Blackhawks swept them in the 2nd round that much (Hockey Wilderness)
The grades are in after 1 year of last seasons top free agent signings from all over the NHL including the Chicago Blackhawks (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem