Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! Yesterday was National Hot Dog Day, and today it is National Tequila Day so of course we are stuck in the middle of summer when we are mentioning odd National days instead of Chicago Blackhawks material.
The Chicago Blackhawks still have to dump salary and yesterday we discussed how the Toronto Maple Leafs could be in the market for Bryan Bickell. The biggest thing to make you scratch your head is that the Maple Leafs gave up a 3rd round pick for their new GM, yet Stan Bowman can’t get any takers for #29 and so we sit like Marcus Kruger in limbo land for probably the rest of the summer.
The other move that has to be made is Bowman trying to get rid of Jeremy Morin before opening day. I can’t see a way where Morin works out in a Joel Quenneville roster for 82 games so you would have to think that Stan Bowman will dump Morin like he did last year near the trade deadline last season.
Here are some morning links to kick off your Friday which makes National Tequila Day that much better right!!
Watch how the Chicago Blackhawks strength and conditioning coaches put the 2015 Chicago Blackhawks prospects through some tough workouts last week (Blackhawks)
Rocky Wirtz and the Chicago Blackhawks submits bid to host the 2018 World Juniors Championship (Second City)
Has the NHL priced itself out of the best expansion candidates with their expansion fees this time go around (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Looking way far in the advance, Who would the St. Louis Blues protect in an expansion draft (Bleedin Blue)
The Dallas Stars are building their roster in a Win Now motive which makes this season huge in Big D (Blackout Dallas)
The Arizona Coyotes and the city of Glendale amend their lease agreement and “put things behind him” (Pro Hockey Talk)
Lou Lamoriello prepared to have extreme patience with the roster as the Toronto Maple Leafs rebuild (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem