Jun 15, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks playersCorey Crawford
(50) ,Andrew Shaw
(65) ,Marian Hossa
(81) andJonathan Toews
(19) celebrate after defeating the Tampa Bay Lightning in game six of the 2015 Stanley Cup Final at United Center. Mandatory Credit: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports
This one barely needs comment. OF COURSE this is the time that we all look forward to, especially to see if the ’Hawks can add more merit to the dynasty argument by becoming the first team since the 1998 Detroit Red Wings to repeat as Stanley Cup champions. It will be interesting to see what trades are made before the deadline, as we know full well how valuable Antoine Vermette and Andrew Desjardins were down the stretch. Luckily, Desjardins will still be around. Vermette has returned to the Arizona Coyotes while Brad Richards has hopped on over to Detroit (ugh). But each new season inevitably brings many changes, and thanks to the savvy Chicago Blackhawks front office, these changes usually weigh heavily in our favor. Whether or not they can pull of the monumental task of a repeat, we know that the ’Hawks stand a good chance of playing into June practically every year.
What are you looking forward to next season? Let us know in the comments, or send us a tweet!
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving