Apr 21, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Nashville Predators defenseman Roman Josi (59) with the puck during the second period against the Chicago Blackhawks in game four of the first round of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
9. Roman Josi
Josi is another talented youngster who was an explosive defenseman in his second full season with the Nashville Predators. Josi is an offensive defensemen. He tied for sixth among defensemen with 15 goals and finished in fifth in the league with 55 points.
More from Editorials
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- Blackhawks: Changes to the coaching staff are a step in the right direction
- Chicago Blackhawks: Reasons for optimism and cause for concern
- Blackhawks: Kick off four game road trip against Kraken
- Recapping the Jeremy Colliton era with the Chicago Blackhawks
Josi finished the 2014-15 season with a plus-15 rating and posted a 50.3 Corsi-for percentage. Josi’s personal shooting percentage was the highest on this list at a blistering 7.35 percent. It was actually Josi, not partner Shea Weber, who led the Preds in ice time last season with 26:28 of average time on ice per game.
The Predators are in good hands with Josi and captain Weber manning the blue line. Josi is only 25 and in the middle of his prime after completing just his second full year in the NHL. He could fly up this list if he can take on more defensive responsibilities to pair with his great scoring ability.
Next: Who's No. 8?