Apr 17, 2015; Nashville, TN, USA; Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber (6) during the first period against the Chicago Blackhawks in game two of the first round of the the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Bridgestone Arena. Mandatory Credit: Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
5. Shea Weber
The Predators have two of the most exciting young defensemen in the league in Josi and Jones, but Weber is still the top dog on the Nashville blue line. He’s entering his 11th season in the league, but will turn just 30 in August. Weber finished fourth in Norris Trophy voting following the 2014-15 season.
More from Editorials
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- Blackhawks: Changes to the coaching staff are a step in the right direction
- Chicago Blackhawks: Reasons for optimism and cause for concern
- Blackhawks: Kick off four game road trip against Kraken
- Recapping the Jeremy Colliton era with the Chicago Blackhawks
Weber had another strong season anchoring Nashville’s defense. He scored 15 goals with 30 assists and added a plus-15 rating during the 2014-15 season. He starts primarily in the defensive zone, yet still managed to post a 50.66 Corsi-for percentage.
There’s no signs of stopping for the veteran Weber. He is the perfect defenseman to help mature Jones and Josi and was a major piece of the puzzle for Nashville’s resurgence last season. As long as Weber is healthy, he will continue to be the face of the franchise.
Next: Who's No. 4?