Sep 24, 2014; Uniondale, NY, USA; Carolina Hurricanes left wing Brad Malone (24) and New York Islanders defenseman Ville Pokka (52) battle for a loose puck along the boards during the first period at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The Hurricanes defeated the Islanders 4-2. Mandatory Credit: Andy Marlin-USA TODAY Sports
No. 3: Ville Pokka
Pokka was an unexpected addition to the Blackhawks organization, coming to the Windy City via trade when Chicago sent Nick Leddy to the New York Islanders last October. Though he was considered No. 2 to T.J. Brennan as far as size goes, he quickly became the ‘Hawks’ biggest defensive prospect when Brennan was traded to Toronto later that year. Pokka fits the bill as a Brent Seabrook-type defenseman, with a focus on his own end, but also a knack for delivering a clutch performance offensively. His 30 points in 68 games with Rockford last season is something to get excited about, and though 2015-16 will only be his second professional season in North America, he could be on the Blackhawks’ roster as early as October.
Next: Who's No. 2?
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan