Feb 22, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks right wingRyan Hartman
(38) with the puck during the second period against the Boston Bruins at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
No. 2: Ryan Hartman
Hartman was the Blackhawks’ first-round pick at 30th overall in 2013, and many scouts noted that his size (less than 180 pounds at the time) may have held him back from a higher pick. The Blackhawks didn’t find that to be an issue, and in his first NHL shift, Hartman rewarded their faith.
Hartman’s fire didn’t simmer after that shift, as he was plenty exciting through his first five NHL games. With 37 points last season for the ‘Hogs, Hartman is no stranger to chipping in offensively, either. Though he is still only 180 pounds, Hartman seems the most NHL-ready of any Blackhawks prospect, and his potential ceiling should get fans very excited.
Next: Who Tops The List?
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan