Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! The past week has been horrible with all of the Patrick Kane news and opinions floating around so it was a nice diversion this weekend watching of all things Chicago Cubs baseball.
The Cubs remind me of the Chicago Blackhawks in 2008-2009 with a lot of young talent trying to turn a franchise around that had been through one of their worst era’s in franchise history. The 4 game sweep of the San Francisco Giants was a fun series to watch with plenty of hits, runs, and late inning drama watching the Cubs try to close each game out. It was nice not to think about what was going on in Buffalo and just enjoy a young team finding their groove in August.
That being said there is a cloud that will hang over the Chicago Blackhawks for the rest of this summer and it doesn’t look like it will go away anytime soon and that really stinks in a summer that should be a huge celebration of 3 Stanley Cup Championships in 6 seasons. Here are some morning links to kick off your workweek!
Patrick Kane has hired a lawyer to represent him in the ongoing investigation in Buffalo (Madhouse Enforcer)
Rocky Wirtz on the Patrick Kane investigation says he’s disappointed in Kane but hopeful (CSN)
Don’t jump to conclusions in the case of Patrick Kane says (ESPN Chicag0)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Who is the mystery man that the Nashville Predators signed this offseason? Steve Moses (Predlines)
The St. Louis Blues defense is better errr dominates the Chicago Blackhawks defense according to this Blue writer (Bleedin Blue)
Auston Matthews rocks the boat and for most people this is a good thing (Arctic Ice)
5 Reasons to be excited about the Colorado Avalanche Stadium Series game this coming season (Mile High Sticking)
Scotty Bowman’s 14th Day with the Stanley Cup (Puck Daddy)
Which NHL Teams are facing the worst salary cap issues in the very near future (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan