Mar 26, 2015; Uniondale, NY, USA; Los Angeles Kings center Tyler Toffoli (73) scores a goal past New York Islanders goalie Jaroslav Halak (41) during the third period at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The Kings won 3-2. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports
4. Tyler Toffoli
Toffoli is another player who made a big leap, with his coming in his third season with the Los Angeles Kings. The former second-round pick finished third on the team in goals (23) and points (49). He led the Kings by far with a plus-25 rating as well. At times, Toffoli was the most important player on the ice for Los Angeles.
It seems much of what Toffoli did last season went under the radar as the Kings struggled and ultimately missed the playoffs. He was also bogged down by his team’s depth at center. Toffoli averaged only 14:35 of ice time last season.
More from Editorials
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- Blackhawks: Changes to the coaching staff are a step in the right direction
- Chicago Blackhawks: Reasons for optimism and cause for concern
- Blackhawks: Kick off four game road trip against Kraken
- Recapping the Jeremy Colliton era with the Chicago Blackhawks
The Kings will need continued growth from Toffoli to help them make a return to the postseason. Head coach Darryl Sutter will need to give the 23-year-old center some more ice time to expedite his progression.
Next: No. 3: Sean Monahan
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem