Good morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! I know it’s August and the NHL updates are few and far between, but when you look at your 10 day forecast you can see the month of September is on the horizon which means a whole lot if your a hockey fan and especially if your a Chicago Blackhawks fan.
Yes, it’s been a short summer, but when your biggest Twitter item of the night is WWE Summerslam then you know it’s time for hockey season to hurry up and get here. Sure, the players need a lot more rest especially when their season usually ends sometime in June, yet like I said before we are ready for training camp, Notre Dame, trade rumors and our beloved Chicago Blackhawks back on the ice.
Of course in our haste for the season to begin, there also is a dark cloud that everyone is ignoring for the past week and that’s what’s going to happen with the Patrick Kane investigation in the Buffalo area, and what will Gary Bettman and the NHL do when anything is announced in the case.
There are a lot of questions and not very many answers but like we said September is getting close! Here are some morning links to kick off your work week.
The LA Kings made a real nice signing on Sunday when they inked Christian Eheroff (Committed Indians)
Which players in the NHL are most likely headed for a sophomore slump after a great rookie season (Bleacher Report)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Digging deep in to the St. Louis Blues payroll, the good the bad and the ugly (Bleedin Blue)
Here is the entire NHL Preseason schedule which just happens to begin on September 20th (Pro Hockey Talk)
If your into fantasy hockey, the question for the day is which fantasy sleepers will you be looking to add to your team (Puck Daddy)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem