No. 3: Andrew Shaw
Andrew Shaw is affectionately known as ‘the mutt’ by the Chicago Blackhawks’ faithful, but if you were to ask any other Central Division fan, the adjectives they use to describe the ‘Hawks forward wouldn’t be so print-friendly.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
On a speedy, skilled Blackhawks team, Shaw has provided the grit for the past several years, since he landed a full-time spot in the lineup in 2012-13. Shaw’s knack for scoring huge goals only makes opposing fans loathe him more, and even though they may want to send their biggest, baddest player after the 5-foot-10 forward, Shaw has shown he’s not afraid to go toe-to-toe with anyone.
With the likes of Brandon Bollig and Daniel Carcillo gone, expect Shaw to continue to provide the ‘Hawks with a hard-nosed game, and not earn the admiration of many within the division while doing it.
Next: Who's No. 2?
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving