Good Morning Chicago Blackhawks fans! We are heading into the final weekend of August, and now we are three weeks away from the Chicago Blackhawks training camp at Notre Dame opening up to the players and the fans.
For what should have been a pretty quiet summer after winning another Stanley Cup, there sure are a lot of questions to be answered before opening night rolls around on October 7th at the United Center.
Of course the biggest question is more of a black cloud hovering over the franchise. What is going to happen with the Patrick Kane investigation has to be the biggest question the franchise has faced during this era of Stanley Cup hockey. The problem is the limbo doesn’t have a precise time table so this question could very possibly last until the middle of the season.
There all is the question of who is still going to be traded. Marcus Kruger isn’t signed and doesn’t look to be signed until Stan Bowman makes a deal and sends Bryan Bickell, Kris Versteeg or possibly Andrew Shaw packing to another city. The salary cap question seems to always be in play for the Blackhawks every second, so it’s no wonder it is this season heading to training camp.
The final thing is what to do with Jeremy Morin. Morin is still on the roster and is thought to be a possible throw in with a Bickell or Versteeg deal. It’s still strange thinking he’s still on the roster. Lots of questions, but they all point to Notre Dame in a few weeks, here are some morning links to kick off your Friday morning.
A few tickets for Friday’s practice at Notre Dame have become available to the public (Blackhawks)
The Rockford Ice Hogs 2015-2016 schedule was released yesterday and they are on the road a lot to start the year off (Committed Indians)
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The five teams in the NHL that are most likely to regress this upcoming 2015-2016 season (Bleacher Report)
5 Rules you definitely need to know about the NHL while watching a game (Grantland)
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Three Noticeable Improvements in Comeback Win vs Blues
- Blackhawks: Key Takeaways from 3-2 win over the Blues
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem