Apr 29, 2015; Tampa, FL, USA;Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk (13) against the Tampa Bay Lightning during the third period of the first round of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Amalie Arena. Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the Detroit Red Wings 2-0. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
15. Detroit Red Wings
Mike Babcock is out and Jeff Blashill is the new man in charge of the storied Red Wings franchise. The Wings were active in the offseason, signing defenseman Mike Green from Washington and adding center depth in Brad Richards.
How much more do Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg have left in the tank? Zetterberg led the team with 66 points and Datsyuk finished second with 65 points in 63 games. Until those two slow down, the Red Wings can still make the postseason.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Questions lie between the pipes, as Petr Mrazek could usurp Jimmy Howard for the starting spot. Mrazek went 16-9-2 in 29 games with a 2.38 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage. He also posted a.925 save percentage in seven postseason games.
The Wings should still be in the playoff mix this season, but could bottom out if Blashill cannot find an answer in net and Datsyuk and Zetterberg regress or get hurt.
Next: Next: No. 14
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan