Apr 25, 2015; Uniondale, NY, USA; New York Islanders center John Tavares (91) is congratulated after scoring a first period goal against the Washington Capitals in game six of the first round of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Andy Marlin-USA TODAY Sports
14. New York Islanders
The Isles closed out the final season of the Nassau Coliseum by making the postseason with 101 points and losing in seven games to the Washington Capitals in the first round of the playoffs. New York had a quiet offseason, but still enters its new arena in Brooklyn with plenty of excitement.
John Tavares has made himself one of the top players in the league. He was an MVP candidate for the entire season and needs his supporting cast to continue to grow around him. That includes youngsters Anders Lee and Ryan Strome.
Defense and goaltending will be pivotal for the Isles. Jaroslav Halak will need to be very good if the Isles want to contend for the Metropolitan Division.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
Tavares is great, the young talent is there, but there are some depth issues for the Islanders. It will be tough for New York to improve upon its tremendous outing a year ago.
Next: Next: No. 13
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan