May 26, 2015; Tampa, FL, USA; New York Rangers players celebrate a goal by New York Rangers left wing Rick Nash (61) during the third period in game six of the Eastern Conference Final of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Amalie Arena. Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports
8. New York Rangers
The Rangers start the season in the top 10, but they could fall out of the top 15 by the end of the season. The Rangers lost Cam Talbot, Martin St. Louis and Carl Hagelin. They didn’t make too many big additions, bringing in Viktor Stalberg and Emerson Etem to play depth roles.
New York is pretty much the same team that nearly made it back to the Stanley Cup final last year. But, the Rangers mainly stood pat while teams like Pittsburgh and Columbus made big moves around them to close the gap in the Metropolitan.
More from Blackhawks News
- Blackhawks vs Flames: Date, Time, Lineup, Betting Odds, More
- Three Takeaways from the Blackhawks’ Win vs Vancouver
- Blackhawks: Why Derek King is the Right Coach moving forward
- Marc-Andre Fleury Carries the Blackhawks to a 4-2 Win vs Seattle
- Instant Reaction: Blackhawks top Kraken for first time in history
The Rangers still have plenty of firepower in Derek Stepan, Rick Nash, Derick Brassard and a solid defensive unit. Henrik Lundqvist remains one of the top goaltenders in hockey, but he is 33-years-old and missed time with an injury last season.
With the arms race around them in the Metro, it will certainly be a tougher road for the Rangers to get back to the Eastern Conference final.
Next: Next: No. 7
More from Blackhawk Up
- Blackhawks: Grading Connor Murphy and a position comparison
- Blackhawks: Shuffling the lines to try and spark offense at 5 on 5
- These Lineup Changes could Solve the Blackhawks’ Scoring Problem
- Blackhawks: List Of Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The perfect holiday gifts for the Chicago Blackhawks fan